Texas Holdem (hold ‘em) belongs to the family of poker, the game of cards. It has now become the most played and popular variant of poker both in casinos and on the internet (online versions) in the world. Let’s try to understand in greater depth how the game of ‘Texas Holdem’ became the most popular version of poker across the globe. But first let us begin with having some more knowledge of the game.
How To Play Texas Holdem?
Two to seven players can play the game of Texas Holdem at a time. One of the players becomes the dealer, who may or may not change throughout the game. Each player receives two closed (face-down) cards, known as ‘hole cards’, at the very beginning of the game. These hole cards are the private cards of every player involved in the game.
Thereafter, the dealer opens a total number of five cards, usually known as ‘community cards’, from the remaining stack. The dealer opens these five cards in three rounds, first three cards in the first round and each of the remaining in the next two rounds. The players have to make the best possible hand using just five cards. A player can consider and include their own (two) cards as well as the (five) cards opened on the table to make this best possible hand.
In the end, whichever player succeeds in making the best hand wins the pot. Moreover, betting is involved in every step of this game. Every time the dealer reveals a card, a round of betting takes place in the game.
What Are The Rules Of This Game?
If you are looking forward to playing the game of Texas Holdem, you must know all its rules. So, here is everything you need to know as a beginner or a novice in this version of poker.
To be more clear and specific, all players involved in a game of Texas Holdem, are allowed to use their own cards as well as the five cards from the board to form the best possible hand. In other words, the community cards remain common among all the players. What makes the difference are the cards that they receive at the start of the game.
Some Other Interesting And Useful Info About The Game
- As the name suggests, Texas being the second largest state in the United States of America (USA), is the birthplace of this popular game.
- Texas Holdem was developed somewhere at the beginning of the 20th century.
- The game, Texas Holdem was introduced in the American city of Las Vegas in 1963. That was the same time when this version of poker started gaining popularity.
- The game’s popularity, however, upraised to a great extent in the early 2000 when it was introduced on the television as well as on the internet.
- Writers have also been in love with this game (Texas Holdem) and they have been mentioning it in their pieces of literature. This fact also contributes to the worldwide popularity of this game.